March 25, 2013

Polycom Meeting
9 am - 12 pm
Minutes of this Meeting

Pre-Work
  • Affiliate Reps - update slides for April 4 ESUCC Presentation
    • Slides should be completed prior to the 3/25 LC Meeting so that Affiliates can share their slides during this meeting
  • May Celebration Committee - logistics for May 8 Celebration
  • Matt and Freida - draft schedule for May 8-9 PDO Event
leadership.jpg
Agenda
  • Affiliate Reports
  • PDO Structure Proposal - Matt
  • ESUCC Presentation - April 4
    • Location
    • Identify Affiliate Representatives
  • PDO Event - May 8-9 - Matt and Freida
  • REMINDER - No LC Meeting on May 7 (due to Golf Outing)
  • Golf Outing - May 7
  • PDO Celebration - May 8 - Toby and Debbie
  • Honorees (update list)
  • Ideas for Sep 2013 PDO (Theme/Keynote Speaker)


February 20, 2013

Polycom Meeting
10 am - 3 pm
Minutes of this Meeting

Pre-Work
  • Review the PDO Bylaws Proposal, specifically regarding the changes that were discussed at the January 15 meeting regarding LC Leadership. We will discuss and possibly vote on the entire PDO Bylaws Proposal.
  • Consider the format of the LC presentation to ESUCC in April. Last year's format (rotational conversations between the 5 Affiliates and small groups of administrators) was well-received. Would there be interest in maintaining the same rotational structure, but changing the focus from Affiliates to Themes (e.g., conversations on how affiliates (collectively) have been collaborative, innovative, etc.)? Think about it and be ready to discuss.

Agenda
  • PDO CelebrationMay 7 Golf Outing Update
      • coordinators - John Stritt/Gordon Roethemeyer
      • time and location - Elks - 4:00 - golf; 6:00 - meal ??
      • notification
    • May 8 Celebration Night Update - 6:00 - 9:00
      • location coordinator - Deb Hericks
        • Holiday Inn
        • meal - buffet/plated ??
      • program coordinators needed
      • Honorees (list of known retirements)
        • ESPD
          • Marg Dredla, ESU #13
        • IMAT
          • Gloria Christensen, ESU #8
        • NOC
        • SDA
          • Mitzi Hoback, ESU #4
          • Carol Jessen, ESU #8
          • Michael Pruter, ESU #15
        • TAG
        • ESUCC
  • PDO Bylaws
    • Leadership component
    • Discussion on Proposal as a whole; consider for approval if no substantial changes are made
  • PDO Leadership
    • Identify timeline for selection (Feb 20, Mar 25, Apr 4)
    • Election/selection of Past Chair and Chair for 2013-2014 (if appropriate at this time)
    • Election/selection of Chair-Elect for 2013-2014 (if appropriate at this time)
  • Reports
    • ESPD
    • IMAT
    • NOC
    • SDA
    • TAG
    • NDE
    • ESUCC
  • Debrief Jan 16-17 PDO Event
  • Draft May 8-9 PDO Event #3
    • Identify Big Picture (connecting the past to where we are heading in the future)
    • Detailed Planning will take place at the next meeting
  • Plan Apr 4 ESUCC Presentation at ESU #3 LaVista
    • Determine format and content to be delivered
    • What information would need to be included for Matt's ESU Report to the State Board of Education?
      • Brainstorm: what themes have exemplified this year's PDO direction?
      • Reach consensus on top 5
      • Connect with another LC member via Skype, Google hangout, etc., to document evidence for one theme
      • Whole group review list and add any relevant Affiliate-specific activities
    • Last year's presentation (update with this year's content)
  • 2013-2014 Budget Requests
    • Review Individual Affiliate Requests
    • Discuss and identify requests that may be promoted and scheduled as PDO Events
      • Sep 10-11 2013
      • Jan 22-23 2014
      • May 7-8 2014
    • PDO LC Budget request

January 15, 2013

ESU#10 Kearney
4:00-7:00 p.m.
Meeting-At-A-Glance
  • As you are waiting on the meeting to begin, add your affiliate report to the minutes link (below)
  • Call to Order (4:00) ~ Minutes
  • Overview of Upcoming PDO Event on January 16-17
  • Bylaws decisions: LC Chairs
      • Chairs take suggestions from the bylaw group to their affiliates
      • http://esupdolc.wikispaces.com/Bylaws+Proposal
        • LC Co-Chairs:
          • 1) eliminate past co-chair positions
          • 2) 2 co-chairs, 2-year term, select 1 co-chair each year
          • 3) to transition we will select 2 co-chairs this year--a 1-year term and a 2-year term
        • LC Membership:
          • 1) 2 members from each affiliate, 4-year term
          • 2) select 1 representative every 2 years - not required to be in a current leadership position
          • 3) to transition LC will determine a rotation schedule that will involve some 1-, 2-, 3-, and 4-year positions.
      • Determine follow-up after affiliate feedback
  • Revisit proposed calendar for 2013-2014: ~ Link
    • PDO event dates
    • Affiliate dates
    • Training dates
    • Sept, Jan, May vs Sept, Nov, Jan, May
  • Year-end celebrations
    • Designate coordinators
    • Discuss activities from past events (meals, recognition, golf)
  • Affiliate reports
      • ESPD - Larianne, Darus
      • IMAT - Shane, Melissa
      • NOC - Ben, Ron
      • SDA - Toby, Amy
      • TAG - Jackie, Chris
      • NDE - Freida
      • ESUCC - Matt, Norm, Jeff, Dave


November 13, 2012

ESU #3 LaVista

9 am - 2 pm
minutes of this meeting

Pre-work Read the following items (survey results and bylaws proposal). Prior to the meeting submit your responses to the questions using this Google Form link.
Based on what I read, . . .


Meeting-At-A-Glance:
  • Call to Order 9 am
  • Discussion/Reporting Items:
    • Affiliate Abstracts
    • ESUPDO and Affiliate email lists: Spam issues?
    • 2012-2013 Calendar Updates
    • 2013-2014 Calendar Finalize Proposal
    • Websites: ESUPDO-LC, ESUPDO
    • ESUCC/NDE joint session Oct 22
  • Action Items:
    • ESUPDO Bylaws
    • 2014 Budget Process Forms
    • ESUPDO Jan 16-17 Event Design
  • Adjourn 2 pm


Affiliate Abstracts 9 am
Brief reports highlighting planned activities through January/beyond
  • ESPD - Larianne, Darus
  • IMAT - Shane, Melissa
  • NOC - Ben, Ron
  • SDA - Toby, Amy
  • TAG - Jackie, Chris
  • NDE - Freida
  • ESUCC - Matt, Norm, Jeff, Dave

Email Lists 9:20 am
  • spam

2012-2013 Calendar Updates 9:25 am

2013-2014 Calendar Finalize Proposal 9:30 am
  • calendar
  • PDO dates
  • Affiliate meetings
  • Affiliate trainings
    • discussion on Affiliate trainings (encouraging collaboration)

ESUPDO Website 9:50 am
  • spam registrations
  • nonmember registrations
  • Matt - ESUCC proposed changes

ESUCC/NDE Joint Session Oct 22 - Matt & Freida 10:00 am
  • Deb’s notes
  • attendee feedback
  • implications for Jan PDO
  • where headed for Apr Retreat?

ESUPDO Bylaws Draft Proposal 10:30 am
Ad hoc committee recommended changes (for the future)
  • in order to slow down the turnover in LC, there is a proposal to lengthen the terms of Chair and Recorder at the Affiliate level to 2 years, preferably with an offset schedule so that these positions do not all rotate the same year
    • Affiliates would be have the option of transitioning to 2-year format by extending current officer’s term by one year or to start next year
    • SDA, which already has a pre-existing 4-year commitment, would not change
  • LC co-chairs will be selected by the LC membership rather than by a vote of PDO; one co-chair selected annually for a 2-year position; eliminate past co-chair positions
Ad hoc committee is scheduled to meet again on Wed Dec 5 at 2pm.

2014 Budget Process Forms 10:50 am
  • Affiliates will be asked to download this Google worksheet and then upload it back to the shared LC Google folder, replacing “PDO” with their affiliate name
  • Once the worksheet is completed, affiliates will use this submission form to send their official requests to Deb Hericks
  • 2013-2014 requests are due January 15

ESUPDO Jan 16-17 Event 11:00 am
  • What is the expected outcome? Consider feedback from
    • ESUPDO Needs Assessment and Sep PDO Event Evaluation: What 3 things should we aspire to?
    • ESUCC/NDE joint session: What 2 things do I agree with?
      What needs to occur on Jan 16-17 in order to move the ESUCC/NDE Joint Planning Session forward on Thu Apr 4?
  • Guide:
    • Improve leadership and expertise
    • Support teaching and learning
    • Improve collaboration among ESUPDO affiliates
    • Support work of all affiliates
    • Improve collaboration with individual ESUs
    • Aligns content with professional needs
    • Use individual’s prior knowledge and skills and helps them grow professionally
  • What collaborative partners need to be invited? What is their role and why is it important for them to be there?
  • Determine format and schedule
  • Deb Hericks promote via ESUPDO website

Working Lunch 12:00 p.m.
Adjourn 2:00 p.m.

Upcoming Events (click links to register):


September 11, 2012

ESU #3 La Vista
4 pm - 7 pm
Minutes of this Meeting

  • Sep 11-12 ESUPDO Event
    • What were today's successes? areas for improvement?
    • Review tomorrow's agenda for clarity.
      • Additional PM Breakout Sessions?
  • Prework
  • ESUPDO email list updated (thanks, Deb H)
  • 2012-2013 calendar review PDO Event dates are posted on Sep PDO agenda - linked to registration
  • 2013-2014 calendar review
    • Status of location sites (are they reserved as per last month's meeting?)
    • How and when do we determine whether to schedule PDO 3 or 4 times in 2013-2-14 (adding November back)?
      • LC Decision or propose to ESUPDO?
    • When will 2013-2014 PDO Events be communicated to PDO?
    • Is the plan to schedule Affiliate meeting adjacent to PDO Events a 'go'?
  • Needs Assessment/Evaluation Ad hoc report (Matt)
    • Event Evaluation- administer noon tomorrow (any changes?)
      • results discussed at Oct 22 ESUCC Retreat
      • and at Nov 13 LC Meeting
  • Bylaws Ad hoc
    • meet prior to Nov 13 LC Meeting
New Business
  • Requests to join ESUPDO-LC wiki
    • Wiki use conversation
  • ESUPDO Website [outline]
  • October 22 ESUCC Retreat
    • What is the agenda?
    • Who should attend?
    • Registration?
  • Discuss 2013-2014 Budget Process; Affiliate Planning (Matt)
  • Discuss January 2013 PDO Planning format
    • Day 1: ESU Continuous Improvement EdCamp
    • Day 2: Learner Engagement EdCamp or September follow-up
    • Freida, Matt, others - Design?
    • Finalize details at Nov 13 LC Meeting
Adjourn 7pm
Next LC Meeting - Tue Nov 13 10-3pm at ESU #3 LaVista Click Link to Register


August 21, 2012

ESU #10 Kearney
10 am - 3 pm
Minutes of this Meeting
Condensed
  • Finalize 2012-2013 Master Schedule 10:00 am
  • Draft 2013-2014 Master Schedule 10:30 am
  • Finalize September 2012 PDO Details 11:00 am
  • Update ESUPDO email list 12:00 pm
  • Affiliate Abstracts 12:45 pm
  • Finalize September 2012 PDO Details (continued) 1:00 pm
  • Ad hoc Committees 2:15 pm
    • PDO Bylaws
    • PDO Needs Assessment/Programming Evaluations

  • Vision/Wrap Up 2:30 pm
  • Adjourn 3:00 pm



Expanded
  • Finalize 2012-2013 Master Calendar 10:00 am
    • Feb 20 location
    • March date
    • Affiliates are encouraged to meet either immediately prior to or following PDO Events in order to promote cross-affiliate collaboration
    • Other considerations for the 2012-2013 ESUPDO Calendar
      • Possibly modify Jan/May 2013 to a truncated format
      • Affiliate meetings, trainings, events
      • ESUCC meetings

  • Draft 13-14 Master Schedule 10:30 am
    • Affiliate chairs communicate to membership
    • Consider a 1-day format with a 1-day affiliate meeting (2 days per event rather than 3)
      • minimize time away from local agency
      • provide additional opportunity to collaborate and network if Affiliates meet before/after PDO event


  • Working Lunch - Update ESUPDO email list 12:00 pm
    • Prior to meeting update current Affiliate membership list on the ESU Directory 2012-2013
    • Review and existing clean-up the existing ESUPDO email list
    • Add additional names and email addresses to the end of the list
    • Deb H - update the ESUPDO email list on the web

  • Affiliate Abstracts 12:45 pm
    • Brief reports (2 minutes or less) in which to highlight planned activities through December

  • Finalize September 2012 PDO Details continued 1:00 pm
  • Ad hoc Committees 2:15 pm
    • PDO Bylaws
      • prepare proposal for ESUPDO consideration that reflects current status and possible future adjustments
      • current PDO Bylaws as well as a beginning draft are linked in the left menu.
    • PDO Needs Assessment and Programming Evaluation
      • aligned with AdvancED Standards? ESUCC strategic directions? ESUPDO Mission Statement? ESUPDO Goals?
        - Needs Assessment/Evaluations
      • universal formative per event - Evaluation
      • summative for year - Evaluation
      • DRAFT - Evaluation

  • Vision/Wrap Up - Matt Blomstedt 2:30 pm
  • Adjourn 3:00 pm
  • Next LC Meeting - Tue Sep 11 4-7pm at ESU #3 LaVista (click link to register)


March 26, 2013
ESU #10 Kearney
10 am - 3 pm
  • Review January Programming Evaluation
  • Select 2013-2014 LC Co-Chairs
  • Finalize May 2013 Celebration, Communicate to Membership
  • Design and Finalize ESUCC Presentation for April

May 7, 2013
ESU #10 Kearney
4 pm - 7 pm
  • Finalize September 2013 Programming
  • Celebration Facilitation